Monday 18 June 2012

Impromptu holiday shopping...

There are few things I love as much as sunbathing but shopping is definitely one of them and given that we had one cloudy day on holiday, I sniffed out the nearest shopping centre and I was off, like a cat up a drain pipe!

My long suffering husband had to act as fashion adviser and fair play to him, he did pretty well (although I still think those shoes were gorgeous and didn't show my bunions tooooo badly, sodding bunions).

So here is quick run down of what I picked up:

Dress from Zara; looks like a sequin skirt and silk chiffon shirt but is actually a dress, super comfy but still stylish and an absolute steal at €29.

Dress from Mango; perfect for work whilst I've got a bit of a tan. Which actually means it has a shelf life of about 2 weeks now and two weeks in September after my next holiday by which time it'll be too cold to wear it anyway. A sensible purchase this one then....but at least it won't date.

And my favourite purchase; these snake print trousers also from Mango. I reckon they're one of those marmite items, you either love them or hate them but I am definitely in the love camp and they've already had a fair few wears since I got back;

Then I'll spare you the details but some pretty underwear and lastly, a few bits of make-up from a store I came across as we were leaving called Kiko Cosmetics; an Italian make-up brand which I've since found you can order online from the UK and is really reasonable.

There was no Sephora but I found this place similar to Sephora's own brand line. I got a sunproof cream foundation SPF 15 which goes on really smoothly and lasts all day and an Ultra Gloss lipstick also SPF 15 and looks nice against a tanned face and perfect to wear in the sun with its SPF lip protection.

I could have stayed much longer and bought loads more but Mark's patience was wearing thin so back to the hotel for the fashion show that then ensued with a big fat glass of Rioja in hand from the hotel's honesty bar. Happy days.
I also wore two of my three holiday purchases mentioned here.

So the green flowery Primark trousers (which I can no longer get in to again!) just worn with a simple black vest top and the pink stripey sun dress....both now packed away again but will hopefully come out again for our Paxos trip later in the summer.




The holiday was lovely and just what we were after. We spent the majority of the trip in a pretty villa in the hills of Andalucia just chilling on our own & then the last few nights in a hotel closer to Malaga. I'll be doing a review shortly on this super cute hotel; definitely worthy of a post of its own. So anyone out there ever who needs a stylish and reasonable stop over near Malaga airport, watch this space!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment