Thursday 28 June 2012

Zara Home heaven

It isn't to everyone's tastes but Zara Home is one of my favourite high street shops in London for homeware, up there with The White Company but a bit cheaper.
Located at the bottom of Regent Street, this particular Zara Home is three floors of loveliness. I often get carried away in there and end up with a basket full of lovely things I don't need / have nowhere to put / can not justify (usually all three!) and end up putting all but one or two items back on the shelf.

With the sale on and the sun shining, I took a walk down there to have a browse and ended up buying two things I needed and one thing I didn't - none of which were in the sale. Typical.



So I got these two silvery white woven baskets to slot on the bottom shelf of the new console table which are the perfect measurements and are wide and deep enough to throw a whole load of 'stuff' in and make the room look less cluttered. For us it's mainly post, paperwork, takeaway menus & magazines but they would also be useful for shoes, small toys/child paraphernalia or maybe as baskets for all your scarves/belts/general accessories...





My other purchase was random. Just a small tray but a really pretty, antique looking tray. I saw it and had to get it, even though I've no idea what to do with it...




Some ideas:
My initial thought was a drinks tray but it's probably not a good idea to have vodka or gin in my line of sight every day, probably safer that they're kept in the cupboard!



A tray for all those bits and pieces that get chucked on the side in the kitchen like keys, oven timer, bottle opener and ummm, herbs?!



What about a tray to go on your bedside table or dresser with your costume jewellery, nail file and lotions and potions that you want to keep to hand?




Or, thinking outside the box, I could get hubbie to hang it on the wall and use it as a mirror?!



For now, until I decide what to do with it, it can just live on the fireplace and look pretty.




If you don't have a store near you, then for all sorts of lovely things for adults and children, you can buy online at www.zarahome.com

Zara Home
129 Regent Street
London
W1B 4HT

x

No comments:

Post a Comment