Thursday 26 July 2012

Hello there sunshine

So....the sun has finally decided to put his hat on eh! I was starting to forget what he looked like. Better late than never and all that. I’ve grabbed the opportunity to soak it up whilst I can. With the boss on holiday this week, I’ve made sure I’ve taken my lunch break each day so I can get out and enjoy the weather and have rushed home to get the last of the day’s rays in the garden too. The sun has done wonders for my gardening (don't laugh!!!) and last night I was on my sunlounger, in my bikini until almost 9 o'clock (although I'll spare you those photos). Loving it!






I work in Mayfair which means easy access to many of London’s lovely parks. This week has seen me make the most of that and I’ve been to Kensington Palace Gardens with a colleague after work to catch up over a bottle of wine.





Yesterday I met up with the hubbie and walked over to Lancaster Gate in Hyde Park and grabbed some lunch time sunshine with him there. I absolutely love Hyde Park and still find myself going there and discovering a bit of it I didn’t know existed.







Then today I popped up to our local bit of greenery at Grosvenor Square only to discover a two week programme of ‘Summer in the Park’ courtesy of Grosvenor Estates. You can enjoy live musical performances every day between 12pm & 2pm and 5pm & 7pm with plenty of deck chairs to kick back in and enjoy the music, ice cream stalls and lots of outdoor games to help yourself to. All completely free. Why thank you nice people of Grosvenor.









With the Olympic Torch arriving in Hyde Park later today and the opening ceremony tomorrow night, even I have to admit that the atmosphere in town is fantastic (so far) and the general buzz of the Olympics is becoming contagious.



Maybe the Olympics won’t be so bad after all. And at the end of the day, as long as the sun continues to shine, I’ll be a happy bunny regardless.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment