Saturday 7 July 2012

Sale shopping

Unusually for me, I’d by-passed the sales this season. Mainly because I haven’t had the time to pay them a visit but also having realised how much we need to shell out to get certain work done on the house, I’ve been trying to avoid temptation. Until last evening that is.

With my husband away for the weekend at the Grand Prix (camping, the fool, look outside!) and with my weekend plans starting today leaving me with a rare Friday evening to myself, well naturally, I took myself off to the Oxford Street after work. I couldn’t help it. I blame the weather. Not sure why, but at the moment everything gets blamed on this weather.

First stop French Connection where unfortunately none of the items I’ve had my eye on were in the sale so I promptly left there and headed over the road to Zara. I know. Everything I buy is from Zara, I’m so predictable. One day I’ll be saying the same about Harvey Nics, honest...

So, armed with about a squillion items to take to the changing room, I was extremely reserved and only bought three new items; two in the sale and one from the new collection.

First up the shoes, or boots, or are they shoots? I’m not sure but whatever they’re called, I love them:

Although the heel is mahossive, the in-built platform means they’re not ridiculously steep on my feet and because of how low they are, they’re flattering worn either with your legs out....



...or, obviously, with leggings / jeans...



And get this – they were reduced from £60 to a mere NINETEEN POUNDS. Bargain or what?!

Next up, this very cute flowery shirt.

It’s 100% silk with a pussy bow tie and although mainly bought as an item for my work wardrobe, is equally wearable with denim as it is with black bottoms for work I think?


Reduced from £45 to £25 which again I thought  was a bargain and something I can imagine having in my wardrobe for many a season, winter or ‘summer’ so an investment really.

Finally, I’ve been looking for a denim shirt for a while that is the right shade and with the right amount of stretch in it. This stone washed super pale blue one wasn’t in the sale so at £30 was more than I’d like to have spent but it’s a great fit, just the right shade and also just about an acceptable length to get away with wearing with my leggings.....





Oh and with my new shoes. Would you look at that. (Please excuse the excessive posing, the wine had clearly kicked in by this point! Oh and the mess in my spare room, although that's pretty standard)

By the time I’d left Zara, I didn’t have the energy or inclination to go anywhere else to be honest so it was a pretty paltry attempt at retail therapy but by then, the chilled wine in the fridge was calling me and I had scratched the itch to buy something new with these few simple items so off home I headed for said wine plus the fashion show (for one) that followed.

If you're a fan of Zara and haven't already been, get yourself down to your local shop as the bargains to be had are amazing, I seriously could have bought three times as much stuff.
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment